AT Tianjin OIP 2014.. In one post.

5 weeks passed really REALLY quickly. Looking back, I remember how hesitant I was with regards to going for this trip.
Whether or not will I be able to put everything aside for 5 weeks..
And right now, I'm already starting to miss my life in Tianjin.

Annoying roommate who can't wake up despite 3 alarms ringing...
All of my closest poly mates just living next door...
Ridiculously cheap and yet ridiculously huge portions of food...
Those nights we spend playing cards/talking crap/smoking and drinking till late...
Washing your own underwear (damn)...
Comfy and snuggly bed...

Oh well, they say all good things come to an end, I'm just really glad I went for this trip.
Although there were a little conflicts here and there...
It was an amazing 5 weeks, which I will definitely not forget.

Now let the pictures do the talking~
(Only going through the more 'important' stuff)

Shopping at Ying Kou Dao [aka Orchard Road of Tianjin]

Tianjin had a metro system that really surprised me. I did not expect it to be this advanced... To an extent that it is actually comparable to the standard of Singapore MRT!
They even had train announcement voices in English so I guess they're..... pretty advanced?
One thing disappointed me though. China people aren't very considerate.. because they tend to squeeze into the cabin before the passengers even alight. They also like to make use of every little bit of space (the Beijing subway really had us squeezing like a cage of pigs waiting to be slaughtered).. I don't take the Tianjin subway very often anyway so.. not a big problem I guess.

The streets were crowded. And cold.




Visit to the Tianjin TV broadcast tower. Didn't went up that shit cuz it was to expensive HAHA



Swag: check

Nights at Helen's western bar... Pretty much self-explanatory HAHAHAHA
Okay okay. Drinks, drinks and shisha :D
There was also a drink which literally translates to "tonight don't go home", which was a neat mixture of wine, vodka (?) and shit. They even had a special way of preparing it which involves setting the drink on fire so it was pretty damn cool.

Those evenings we spent playing ping pong..
I picked up a new sport. Yay.
3D2N Beijing tour... To the Heavenly Temple, Forbidden City, Olympic Stadium, Great Wall of China and Pan Shan.

Heavenly Temple. Nothing much to see......



Forbidden City. Door after door after door of extreme walking. There wasn't much to see except for some old Chinese palaces and etc... Not my cup of tea.








Atop the (forgot the name) mountain where the Thousand hand Buddha was housed. A really nice view from up here :D



Riding along the Kampung streets of Beijing in a trishaw. Really comfortable and relaxing especially after a long and tiring day of walking :D
Olympic stadium, also known as the birds' nest. Yet another nothing-much-to-see place HAHA
And finally.. The Great Wall of China!
The some parts of the wall had EXTREMELY steep steps, slopes and more steps.
That made climbing the Great Wall a pretty fun thing to do, actually. :D
The view of the mountains was really spectacular and the air was also really fresh, this is indeed an one-of-a-lifetime experience.






Atop Pan Shan (plate mountain???) with Wangxin. Everybody only managed to reach the midpoint due to time constraint so the climb was... not really worth it I guess. Well, we did manage to take a cable car down so yay.
SPRING IN CHINA

I will DEFINITELY miss making hamburgers with my mates.
The wacky infusion of beef, pork, mushrooms and weird-ass bbq sauce turned out to be AWESOME.
I really hope we'll get a chance to do this shit again :D

BEST BURGERS EVER
Onboard the bullet train to Beijing! 300km/h isn't as fast as I expected...
The Tianjin Eye.
 
Okay I may have missed out a lot of stuff.. But I'm already getting tired of typing already mainly because I did not have proper sleep on the flight back to sg..
So, it's back to reality. Hopefully I'll get used to it as quickly as I get used to spending my time in Tianjin.
I have.. pretty important stuff to take care of right now :)
T2K5 to Tianjin, never forget!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woohoo.

Potato Gaming Reviews: Crusaders Quest [Android]

The Cab - Angel With A Shotgun (lyrics)