NVM 2013 - Not quite what I expected

Awesome morning spent participating in the National Vertical Marathon with Qunhan and Mingwei!!

Woke up at 6am after spending the night at Mingwei's house..
Playing Maplestory till 1am LOL I shall not go too much into it..

Took the MRT to Raffles Place, where we almost got lost trying to locate the Asia Square building (have you guys even heard of this place before?).
Reached the building, at first it was pretty intimidating... Like, "shit, am I really gonna climb this hell of a building". I put that aside later, it didn't really bother me much. IT WAS MY FIRST TIME ANYWAY
Registration was pretty smooth, I can see that the event's pretty well planned :)
They even gave us a funny lotion that is said to reduce muscle fatigue. It worked later on, but I know that the fatigue WILL come in sooner or later (I'm feeling it right now).

Waited for quite a while for our wave to start..

-STARTING POINT-
So as to prevent human congestion, the participants are sent off in "waves" of 4 people.
I registered to run with Mingwei and Qunhan, I'm thankful we could do that :)
We were expected to run ~200m before actually climbing the stairs, so yeah.

The climbing went pretty smooth for the first 10 storeys.. Until the fatigue kicked in.
I completely stopped running for the next 30 storeys, but I managed to keep a consistent 2-step pacing. :D
There are also volunteers (I assume) who were cheering me on, and two dudes even fanned me while I climbed 1 storey, while cheering me on. I'm really thankful for that. :D
There were also other sources of motivation, if you know what I mean HAHAHAHAHA
(I'm so gonna aim to enrol in NTU)

40 storeys finished in a flash, and it felt really good standing 38 storeys off the ground.
Like.. a sense of accomplishment (yay). Also, I met Yiqing at the finish line so I was quite surprised.. o_o Good to see that she's doing well~

Took the lift down after slacking awhile.
The lift ride down the building almost made my eardrums explode LOL
Group picture, yay.
Finisher's medal! :D

Went back to AMK for Aston's after collecting our goodie bags, which included all sorts of crap including instant noodles, a notebook, sweets, a week of unlimited gym access (it's a good one), a copy of Men's Health (wat) and many many shitz.

Pretty much worth the money. The event was pretty well planned, and I had fun. QUNHAN EVEN GOT A SHAVER IN HIS GOODIE BAG


Headed to the gym at YCK after lunch because Mingwei challenged us to do so (HAHAHA), and went home.
SORE ALL OVER

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woohoo.

Potato Gaming Reviews: Crusaders Quest [Android]

The Cab - Angel With A Shotgun (lyrics)