Chronicles of JB - Part 1

You know, sometimes.. It's the smallest things in life that teaches us the biggest lessons.
So firstly, I had a day off today. I asked for it so I can finish up most of my (overdue) assignments and maybe study a bit. Common tests are coming, after all.
So this morning, I went to Malaysia with pops. Just for your info, I don't go there to shop or whatever, we just get breakfast, buy some fruits, pump petrol and head home.
But today is special. Okay so-called, since I started to take a better look at the stuff around me.

Kway Chap at "Restoran Multi Mart". As usual, it's great. Good food in the morning always makes your stomach happy. :)
But I wonder, how do they actually make such good food with so little space?
I turned around and took a closer look at the stall.
Everything was just there. Gravy, pig organs, kway, and the trash.
May actually sound like a "major turnoff" for many of you clean people. But the fact that they can make such good food under such shitty environment.. The auntie IS really something, isn't she.
(Also, I NEVER got diarrhoea from eating at Malaysia before. The hygiene standard is somewhat there..)
Plus, they don't have a single cleaner at their hawker centre. The respective store owners have to clean up customers' leftovers AND wash the plates themselves (for the kway chap stall, only ONE auntie was running it).
How hardworking she is, is indeed inspiring. Not just this auntie, maybe many more solo-stallholders in Malaysia too.

And then you think of yourself.
You have the arms, you have the legs, but WHY must you let the old ladies clean up your trays at McDonald's'?
Many of us have lived the comfortable life. Everything is just there for them.. Everything will be done for them.. But how much will it hurt if you guys were to take a step out of your comfort zone?
Think about it.

Visit to the roadside fruits stall later.
Only the freshest fruits.
Fresher than the ones at NTUC.
And they're on a ROADSIDE.

Don't buy my words? It's okay. Head down for a free sample anytime!
Any f**king time.

It's surprising, isn't it? The cleanest, "freshest" supermarkets.. Actually don't guarantee the freshest products.
All of this goes back to "stepping out of your comfort zone".
What lies outside.. Are really interesting stuff.
And since the stall owners are so nice, my pops and I got unlimited free samples of... slighty older mangosteen (they are running a business after all).
But I really had my fill down there.
Which makes JB a good place to go, all the time.
*Dragonfruit fresh from the truck. All bright red and ready to eat.*
*A closer insight of the stall..*

And poof.
Back in Singapore.
It was barely half a day but, many lessons in life learnt (or more accurately put, "refreshed").

*STUDY STUDY STUDY*

Screwed my first CT up badly btw.
Feeling really shitty but there's nothing I can do about it.
-blah blah blah-
Enjoy the song.
I'M NOT FORCING YOU GUYS TO CLICK PLAY BUT IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED YOU DO SO
Bye.



By the way, had a really good talk with Samuel yesterday night at the BUS STOP.
What I hope for..
What I want..
My biggest failure.. okay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woohoo.

Potato Gaming Reviews: Crusaders Quest [Android]

The Cab - Angel With A Shotgun (lyrics)